Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Art Camp/ Weaving

Also, today we did weaving. This is with a 3by5 piece of cardboard with 4 slits cut in the top and the bottom and yarn. The kids picked as many colors as they could fit and went over under etc.

They also decorated the edge of the cardboard piece to add interest. They usually picked yarn that went with their boarder. Just Crayola water color markers did the trick.

We added beads to the necklace part and also a few fringy beady dangles on the bottom. They all came out great and are on display for the art show Friday.

Here's my sample that I wore. Not sure if it goes with my floral patterend dress, but I worked it anyway.

7 comments:

C Mae said...

These are beautiful! What age group did these?

jennalee said...

6-8 year olds :)

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

What a beautiful project on weaving.
Your students did a fantastic job.

mrsbeeswax said...

I love this idea !!! Great job ! What is the necklace part, gimp or yarn ??

mom2h said...

I just got my son a leatherworking kit. I think this would convert nicely to leather materials.

Nikki said...

This is such a cute idea!! My daughter will LOVE making these! Thank you for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Que hermoso trabajo...¡¡¡¡ Muchas felicitaciones ...¡¡¡¡ Gracias por compartirlo .