Friday, July 1, 2011

Art Camp

Summer Art Camp is almost here and I'm getting excited. We are going to draw portraits of the sun at the beach. My sun is a girl and she likes building sand castles and boogie boarding. I got the sun faces from the Tru-Ray construction paper packets. I've been saving them all year.

Earlier I posted, my thrill with popsicle craft sticks, and how there are so many uses for them. We are going to color them in interesting patterns and then create a house on black contruction paper. I added a few recycled pencil stubs and some smaller colored sticks.

Here is a weaving practice. It's good to start with paper strips and then try your hand at yarn weaving. We will try and do both in art camp.

And, a recycled item mobile. I still haven't been to see the Calder exhibit, but we are going to create these whimsical pieces anyway. I can't wait for this one.

1 comment:

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

I love your weaving project.
I like the combination of paper and yarn.

Very creative