Friday, January 17, 2014

Kindergarten Concentric Hearts










My kinders worked really hard today making concentric hearts.  I gave them a heart template to trace and cut out the hearts first.  Then they painted a heart in the center and kept adding heart outlines changing colors then if they got it all filled up with color I told them to paint designs on top of their hearts.  I didn't have red, but I had florescent pink which they didn't mind substituting.  I love how art gets them to focus, you could hear a pin drop in my class.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

These hearts are beautiful!! I was inspired by one of your projects in 2011 and my eighth grade students created some works of their own! Stop by if you have a chance and see! http://www.cornwellfam.com/2014/01/andy-warhol-inspired-cartoon-artwork.html

Thanks for always posting really great projects!

Lauren