Friday, January 21, 2011

Robert Indiana's LOVE sculpture.
So, what's it going to be? What is the latest and the greatest as far as Valentine art projects go? I found this one online and think I might need to try it with my preschoolers. I think I might collage the hearts first and then stamp with bottle caps and macaroni and cardboard lines. Good idea.
Did this one a couple of years ago. We learned about the artist Robert Indiana and his LOVE scupture and then broke up the page into for squares and drew out the letters. Then colored with black and white patterns in the positive space and color in the backgrounds, negative spaces. Easy peasy.
Saw this one online and just thought it would make a great teacher gift. I could use some lotion. My hands are all dried out from the clay we have been sculpting.
Based on Picasso's Hands with Bouquet. Trace hand, and cut out of skin colored construction paper, set aside. Cut strips of green construction paper. Glue them on to white background paper. Add colored squares of tissue with white glue and the eraser end of their pencils. I add the dots of glue onto their paper and they have to attach a flower to every dot I make.
Self portrait holding a Valentine Heart. Draw the heart and hands first then add the portrait in the back. "But now, faith , hope and love, abide these things, but the greatest of these is love" 1 Corinthians 13:13.





1 comment:

Tami said...

I am going to use your robert indiana love idea.
thanks for the color sample
Tami @ bluemoonpalette.com