Monday, June 25, 2007

art camp and daring card makers




It's a busy morning, we are on our way to art camp, but I wanted to share the sandcastles the kids made for practice for camp. Our theme is beach so these are sandcastles made out of sand and cornstarch to help them stay together forever. We also added glass and shells and flags. We will be making them tomorrow in camp. Let me know if you want the recepie. The third picture is for the daring card makers dare this week, to make a card using a tag or packaging of some sort. Mine has a tag from one of my favorite sweatshirts. It was a cool tag, so I just cut it off and added it to my card and embelished. Easy fun. Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Lovely card - and a great tag. That backing paper is gorgeous.

Leigh said...

Gorgeous card!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Stunning card. Love those colours.

Di said...

I love your card and I've never seen anything quite like those cute sandcastles. Or have I? We once happened to be on holiday at Harrison Hotsprings in Canada where they were hosting the world sandcastle building championships. They were absolutely awesome.

Hope you enjoy the camp.

Di

Unknown said...

love the muted colours you've used here - very subtle

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, like the colors used.

Gillian said...

Oh your card is GORGEOUS Jennalee, love everything about it! I've just checked out some of your latest posts, and I've just gotta say your Cross ATC's are STUNNING!!! you have a wonderful skill in paperpiecing...
have fun at Art Camp, sounds like loads of fun :O)

Gillian .... said...

stunning card, love it :)

illyse said...

HI Jennifer!
LOVE the sand castles.. So creative and "kid like". I would love the recipe to do this with my 2nd graders!
illyse